Monday, March 16, 2009

Fun with My Boys!

Last week David went out of town on a business trip, so the boys and I had a little fun while Dad was away! Thursday we packed a lunch, picked Jonah up from school and headed to Avila Barn.  Its been closed for part of the winter and unfortunately we were 2 days early, 'cause it didn't reopen again until the 14th, so we headed to the beach.  We played on the pirate playground for awhile.  Jax went up and down the slide over and over again.  When he finally stopped, he sat in a corner and dug in the sand with his little Sponge Bob.  Jonah found some new friends and they collected rocks.


Then we headed down to the beach.  I guess its been a couple months since we've been to the beach (actually I take that back, they just went with David a couple weeks ago) and he didn't quite know what to do barefoot in the sand.  Jonah went straight for the water and of course got sopping wet!

Friday night David came home, so we thought it'd be fun to rent a movie and have a little movie night at home.  We rented Open Season 2, ate popcorn, and had fun!


I jumped the gun a little...Friday afternoon the boys and I did a little gardening before David came home.  We planted some wildflower seeds that are supposed to attract hummingbirds and butterflies.  I can't wait until they bloom!  Then we potted some of our new plants...some cosmos and strawberries.  The purple flowers in the back are Mexican Lavender or Rosemary or something like that.  They're supposed to attract butterflies and hummingbirds too (can you tell I like that?), but I've got to find a place in the yard for them - a pot won't hold these puppies as they grow!  I LOVE spring!


Our eucalyptus trees have been blooming these big puffy bright pink flowers.  Yesterday we discovered hummingbirds LOVE them!  All afternoon I kept hearing them buzzing around and whipping by us...the kids and I LOVE it!  But I couldn't figure out what they were here for.  So we followed the buzzing, looked up and saw at least 50 or more hummingbirds flying around the eucalyptus flowers.  It was AWESOME...totally amazing!  I've never seen so many before!  Very cool...so in case you were wondering where they all went...they're at my house!


Has anyone seen Spiderman?  Well he was in my yard just yesterday!  (Oh, and by the way, these picts are NOT photoshopped!  Our yard really is THAT green right now!)


Spidey & Friends...aren't they cute?  Jax loves to do whatever Jonah is doing...even climbing trees!  


Its so nice to have ALL 3 of my boys home again...I love my boys!

4 comments:

Stacey B. said...

Thanks, Jules, for remembering my birthday!! You are so good! Almost time for yours... Can you believe we are 30?! I certainly don't feel different, but it's still weird to not be in my 20's anymore. I'm old...

Ben & Carly said...

ahh your killing me with those yard pictures....remember I live in the land of brown. what an idyllic weekend, true joy with your kids....the outdoors brings out the best in us doesn't it!

Steve and Sara said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Your yard is pretty amazing, right next to how darn cute your kids are. The sun just came out for the first time in 6 long days. I was about to go crazy. I have realized that I need the sun. 7 more weeks and we will be back in Caly!!!

Stacey B. said...

Okay, I was waiting for you to blog about your birthday before I wrote something, but I'll just have to do it here... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I hope you are out doing all kinds of fun. And that you don't have to clean anything, fold anything or cook anything. I miss you and hope that we can get together sometime. I'm itching to go back to California for a visit, mostly because I'm craving sun! It's been raining and snowing here forever...much, much too long. Anyways, I love you and hope you have a fabulous day!