Saturday, February 14, 2009

Friday the 13th...dun, dun, duh


Okay, this one happened on the 12th, but still the same, it was a blog worthy event.  My youngest sister Carina is learning to drive (yikes!), so I had the good fortune to be her driving instructor.  She did a good job (all but the one corner, but she's learned from her mistakes, right Carine?)...you really can't do too much wrong when you're going like 5 mph :)  Apparently I'm the best back seat driver she's ever had!  Hmmm. 


Yesterday was Jonah's class Valentine party.  Since I "did such a good job organizing one for Christmas," I was asked to do this one as well.  It was easy, though.  I just got some Valentiney sprinkle donuts ("Fancy donuts" as they all called them) and milk, then they passed out their valentines for each other and had a blast.  Its always fun to watch Jonah with his friends!

Surprisingly we had a really good Friday the 13th (I'm not superstitious, but I do seem to lean toward having bad luck).  Everything went good with Jonah's party, I got my car back from the shop and it cost under $100, and it SNOWED!!!!!


Yes, that's right all you Global Warming activists - it stinkin' snowed in my town!  That doesn't happen here!  (I know all of you living in "real" snow are looking at my picts laughing, but you know it doesn't snow here at the beach!)  Last week it did snow 1/2 hour north of us, which is uncommon, but more common then here!  Sorry all you Al Gore fans, but I think he's full of it (I'm all for protecting our environment and lowering emissions going into our air, but...okay, I won't get started on crazy ol' Al and his so called "global warming" philosophies!).  Jonah was very excited to grab a snowball after school...what a fun Valentine's treat!

1 comment:

Sandy said...

That's not snow...that's more like shaved ice or heavy frost...but I'll let you count it if you want to:) Here snow is a permanant ground cover for 6 months out of the year!

You are BRAVE to take Carina driving...that's all I'll say about that...:)