Going outside was actually Jaxon's idea - he got his too big boots on, tugged on the doorknob and said, "Ow-seye." He is a farm boy through and through! He was glad to be reunited with his swing, tractor, and of course the grass!

Jonah jumped right into rock gathering, tree climbing, and dirt digging. It was like he was reunited with his long lost friend! He was very excited to find some new flowers that had bloomed in our yard. He insisted that he take a picture of them!
I couldn't pass up this photo op, but of course Jax looked away right as I snapped it. The boys were collecting grass for the cows (FYI - I did finally find my camera charger, but left it in the car, so I'm stuck with our camcorder that has been taking horrible pictures - somethings wrong with the white balance, but I can't seem to figure it out).

The dogs and the chickens were happy to see the boys and the boys were happy to see them!

Then we went and saw the cows - the boys favorite thing to do here (other than eat plums and berries, but unfortunately we have neither right now). Jax calls them "moo." You can see in the first picture our 3 calves - they've grown up quite a bit. It sure was nice of them to all line up by size/age! Our youngest calf (the black one) seems to have a perma-scowl on its face. Its really rather funny. Today Jonah said, "Mom, why is that baby so angry?" I said, "He's not angry, why do you ask?" Jonah, "Because his face looks so mad." It sure does! :)

I need more days like this afternoon!
I love being a country girl!




4 comments:
I laughed when you said something was wrong with your camera because I was just about to ask you how you took those amazing pictures! I loved the way the light looked on the green grass. Your boys are adorable.....we share a love of the country you and I but you get to be there and I get to dream of it!
wow! super duper pictures!
and, while i don't like dirt, and i don't like bugs, i'm still so jealous you live there!
Everything looks so green! Things here are brown and today is 34 degrees outside. Your weather sounds like heaven right now.
I think your pictures look really cool with the white balance messed up - artsy! I'm glad you had a better end to your day - I always have a hard time pulling myself back together after I've just had to fork out a bunch of money for something I wish I hadn't!
We watched the old home movies on the DVD you made us today. Jaxon looks JUST like you at his age - same haircut and everything:)
Post a Comment