So everything went well. They definitely know how to handle kids there...they gave him happy gas to take the nerve off and so that they could easily give him his I.V. Here he is with his "elephant nose." I know, he looks petrified.
The whole thing only took less than 10 minutes (they made me sit in this room and watch a 5 minute instructional video on how to care for his wounds - fun for me)
For being such a brave boy, I gave him a little surprise...a Bumblebee costume (lucky for me costumes are on sale everywhere and I got it for $6! Good timing!) He was SOOOO excited...I got another "you're the best mom EVER!" (sigh) (notice the upside down stools? Jaxon learned a new trick-climbing up them and onto the counter. oh joy!)
You can see here how swollen his bottom lip is. Because his lip was numb, he kept biting it and it puffed way up.
Here's the damage...1 on top...
and 2 on bottom (you can really see how fat his lip is here).
This made it ALL worth it for Jonah...
They gave him his teeth to bring home and give to the Tooth Fairy - he was VERY excited...can't wait to see what she leaves him... :)
Jonah, we're so proud of you! Hang in there buddy!



3 comments:
What a brave boy! I'm glad you both made it through the day in one piece!
oh, poor guy! but what a trooper!
by the way, so fun to see a picture of YOU a couple posts ago! more family shots please. :)
Don't you love it when your kids suprise you like that? Tell Jonah that DJ and I said that we are very proud of him and that he is a brave boy!
Post a Comment