Sunday, October 12, 2008

Out of the Mouth of Babes...

My kids really do say the darnedest things!  Here's a few:

Jonah:
  • While strumming away on the guitar, "Don't tell daddy that i'm better than he is, okay?"
  • "Guggas [Jaxon], can we talk?"
  • "Its okay gugs, don't you worry."
  • "Want me to sock you in the face?" as he threw a pair of socks at David.  What's funny is that he didn't even know that what he said really was something mean - he just thought he was funny.
  • "You want to know why i'm so tired? I'm just so warned out!"
  • I was volunteering in Jonah's class one day and as the kids were sitting in circle time, the teacher was talking about these wax circles she had and asked "What else has wax in it?"  Thinking the kids would say something like candles, Jonah's reply was "Our ears!"  He was very proud of his answer, too!
  • "Mommy, you see this car? Rampage is in the back and Chuck Lidell is driving. Now they pulled over and Rampage is in the front with Chuck."  For those of you not familiar with the UFC or MMA, Chuck is a famous UFC fighter from SLO who fought Rampage Jackson a while back...unfortunately Rampage beat him twice, so I don't really see this scenario happening any day soon!
  • "My brain is full of too much information, so i can't remember to be nice."
  • When DJ & Rachel came to visit, their son Jake just loved dressing like a cowboy.  Jonah went up to Jake, as he cupped Jakey's face in his hands and said, "Jakey, do you want to be a REAL cowboy when you grow up? All you have to do is learn everything there is to know about cowboys, THEN you'll be a REAL cowboy!"  Um, okay.
  • Jonah was upset that I wouldn't do something for him that he was supposed to do himself, so he said "Who needs a mom anyway if you're not gonna do everything for me?"
  • "Mommy, some day can I have my own iPod and phone? When I'm old enough can I have any music on my iPod that I want?"
  • Every time we have gnochi (pronouced something like "nee-o-kee" real fast), Jonah calls it "pinocci."  He's a little confused between the food on his plate and the wooden puppet.
Jaxon doesn't really say much, but what he does say usually comes out pretty funny:
  • Jax is really in to singing lately.  When the theme song to Jonah's Transformers cartoon comes on, Jax starts to chant "I-EE-I-EE..."  (For those of you without Transformer-watching boys, the song goes "Transformers, more than meets the eye - ee - eye - ee.")
  • His other favorite song is Old MacDonald.  He sings "Ee-I-Ee-I-O...Moo da, moo da...Ee-I-Ee-I-O."
  • Jax's most widely used word is "No," but it's always said sarcastically like he's saying "whatever" or "you silly!"  It's funny!
  • His vocab is definitely growing.  Here's a few of his favorite words (and of course as I'm writing this I keep thinking of more and more, so I'll try to limit myself!):  "nonah" (jonah), "baby," "moo" (and when he sees the baby cows he says "Moo, baby" over and over again), "eow" (meow), "baa" (like a sheep), "eee" (ney like a horse), a few other animal sounds I won't bore you with, "beh" (bear), "moomee" (movie), "meemee" (milk), "Oh der" (over there), "Ow" (usually he's not hurt, he'll just have something stuck to his foot or something), "Ee-oo" (gross), "daddy," "mommy," "papa," "ma," "baa-ma" (grandma), and "baa-pa" (grandpa).
  • Our personal favorite from Jax is "reh, set, guh" (ready set go).  He says it for everything, but he LOVES to say it when he jumps.  It's SO cute!

3 comments:

The Salinas Family said...

Kids can really make us laugh. The worst is when you are angry for something they've done and they say something funny and you are trying so hard not to laugh because you are suppose to be mad at them and you just can't help it. My youngest, Anthony, is really into "ready, set, go" too. Maybe it's the age?!

Durham said...

My favorite from Jonah is, What good is a mom anyway.... Classic!

Sandy said...

Those were awesome! Thanks for sharing - I feel like we're missing so much with them!