Thursday, September 25, 2008

Julie Needs...

I saw this on another blog and thought it'd be fun to try.  What you do is go to Google and do a search for "[your name] needs" and see what comes up.  
This is apparently what "Julie needs...
  1. your help" - indeed I do - I need you to post your recipes on Food That's Good (thanks again Emily for your post!).  I NEED new recipes to feed my poor family!
  2. an early start" - I already get this thanks to Jonah starting school.  Now I just need an earlier start to bed at night.
  3. coffee" - well no.  I don't drink coffee, I don't like caffeine (and not even for religious reasons - I just hate what it does to my body), I can't stand the taste of anything coffee flavored (although I DO love to take a nice and slow walk down the coffee isle in the grocery store so I can take a long whiff of that glorious smell...its kind of like vanilla extract - doesn't taste ANYTHING like its wonderful smell!)...so no, I really don't need coffee.
  4. to work on her parenting" - yes, you could definitely say that.  Thankfully I don't know of any parent who doesn't, but I especially do.  I need more patience, creativity, energy...the list goes on and on.
  5. prayers and good vibes" - could always use that!
  6. some important equipment" - yes I do actually - I need a new vacuum.  Mine died like 2 weeks ago, so I've been using the theater's 1950's one until I get a new one...some day. I need a new car too.  That's all - everything else I just want.
  7. a new pair of shoes" - to be more specific slippers.  It's starting to get cold in our little farm house in the mornings and I need to keep my footsies warm.  I got some yesterday, but I think I want different ones.
  8. a sandwich" - I'm ALWAYS up for a good tomato sandwich!
  9. to look" - at what?  Jonah thinks I have to be looking right at him EVERY time he talks.  Jaxon would look at books with me all day if he could.  
  10. someone with her at all times" - hmm, I don't know about that.  I ALWAYS have someone with me at all times, so I guess you could say that I need it.  I love my alone time (when/if it ever happens!), but I don't really know what to do with myself when I don't have my kids around.
  11. her justice now" - YES I DO!  I'm sick of all this car insurance poop we've been dealing with - "It's my money and I want it now!" (have you seen those cheesy commercials?) and I want justice!
  12. surgery" - not really.  I still have all 4 of my wisdom teeth, so I guess you could say I need those out...that's surgery.
  13. to learn about the off switch on her TV and radio" - this definitely doesn't apply to me!  I never watch TV (other than the occasional movie rental) and I hardly ever listen to the radio (yup, not even in my car - our old Honda's electrical blew something and the radio didn't work for like a year or so, so we just got used to it and I rather enjoy talking to my hubby instead of listening to music!)
  14. a new laptop" - sure, I'll take one.  Mine has been acting kinda funny anyway.
  15. a life" - this is DEFINITELY true!  My life consists of cooking, cleaning, wiping snot, changing diapers, refereeing...do I really need to go on?...all day long.  My only adult contact most of the day is a short hello with the bus driver twice a day (some times a little talk with the neighbor lady), occasionally a little chat with our landlord about the cows or chickens or fruit or something, and when I'm lucky some time with my hubby in between children screaming and fighting my kids for some of Daddy's time too.  My link to the outside world is the Internet - the news, your blogs, my husband, and email.  As uneventful as it is, I enjoy my life, but I could use a little changing up of things every now and then.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

I did this one on another friend's blog and most of mine came up scary and/or dirty:) Apparently people named Julie need things a little more normal than those named Sandy!

And hey, you can come hang out with me anytime:)

Anonymous said...

That is so funny... I am going to go and try it right now!