David's been able to go to work earlier most days this week, so he's been able to come home earlier (well for him at least - 8 or 9pm isn't early for most people!). So we've all been able to enjoy a little more of him lately. The other night the boys had fun balancing on his feet in the air (all until they bonked heads and both were crying - its all fun and games 'til someone gets hurt, right?).





Jonah was the only one who could successfully scare the birds all away. But when he found the bag of crackers, the fish were all gone and the bag was torn up. Poor guy was so sad the birds had eaten our only snack.


Jaxon was a little too brave near the water. He and Jonah liked the hot tub the best - the pool was a little too cold for them.







Aren't those tomatoes beautiful? And they're ALL that perfect!

This garden never ceases to amaze me - the tomatoes are insane and we found like 6 different types of squash growing that we didn't realize was there before. These were our 2 favorites:




Jonah found a new hiding place - between the oven and counter - he thought he was pretty clever!
Jaxon has become quite the little farm boy. The other day I found him with his boots on (and its amazing that he ALWAYS seems to get his shoes on the right feet-Jonah even has a hard time with that still!) and bucket in hand trying to open the door to go outside. He knows what boots and buckets mean...fruits and veggies and seeing the animals! Smart boy!
That same day we went to visit the cows (as we do pretty much daily) and they were all up by the fence. Usually when one is close, it backs away - they're all not quite sure about us still. Well they all came up to us and let us pet them and everything - the calf even started licking us (and for those of you who didn't know, cows have rough tongues like sandpaper!) I don't know why, but I just love having cows! Maybe because I don't actually have to take care of them, I don't know.
Wednesday David's brother Matt and his family came to town for a little vacation, so the boys and I got to spend the day in Avila with them playing on the beach and swimming at their hotel's pool.
While at the beach, we went up by the swings and left our stuff. We looked down and saw that there were just sworms of birds around our stuff. We found that they had stole our bag of goldfish crackers and were all fighting to eat them. (this picture doesn't do it justice - this was after Matt scared 1/2 of them away).
Jonah was the only one who could successfully scare the birds all away. But when he found the bag of crackers, the fish were all gone and the bag was torn up. Poor guy was so sad the birds had eaten our only snack.
Jaxon and Collin are so fun to watch together. They're only 3 weeks apart and so much alike in so many ways.
This picture cracked me up. Gwen looked so grown up holding Collin's floaty and talkin' to Jonah. Do they think they're teenagers already?
We spent that night hanging out at my parents' house celebrating my mom's birthday. Even though it was my mom's b-day, Jonah came home with a present of his own...these magnet marble things. Jonah thought it was so cool to pinch his nose with them and see them stick...such a boy...I do have to admit it was pretty cool, though. Jaxon LOVES those magnets too. He sticks them to the oven and it just cracks him up every time!
I can't remember what day it was, but I came into the kitchen and found this...
Yes, that's butter and yes, those are teeth and finger marks. Maybe its because he's so skinny and his body is trying to tell him to gain weight, I don't know, but for some reason Jonah seems to sneak butter a little too often...Paula Dean would be proud...YUCK!
Sunday we enjoyed a wonderful day with our little family...David was home and the weather was absolutely wonderful - not a cloud in the sky! So we went on a walk around the property. As we came to the cows we found that we now have a new calf! The boys were so happy to see the baby cow (especially Jax - he kept saying, "Baby, Moo, baby, moo!).
On our walk we stopped by the garden and had the most wonderful time picking tomatoes and raspberries. Remember what I said about Farmer Jaxon? He's a natural!
This garden never ceases to amaze me - the tomatoes are insane and we found like 6 different types of squash growing that we didn't realize was there before. These were our 2 favorites:
Pumpkins...yeah, just in time for Halloween!
Isn't this cool with the 2 different colors?
You know they're good tomatoes when you can eat them strait off the vine!
Our harvest (and we didn't even begin to put a dent in them - I'm gonna do some canning this week!):



2 comments:
Great post! we're loving hearing about all your farm adventures (I thought WE were the ones living like Green Acres, haha!)! I'm canning tomatoes tomorrow - but I've been collecting them for like 2 weeks now to have enought to do a batch! I"ll think of you, though:)
If you have a wheat grinder, I have an awesome, super fast wheat bread recipe I'll give you - Heather and I make it every week in the winter time!
Oh, we miss you guys soooo much! Jake is sitting next to me looking at the pictures and freaking out because he wants to see Jonah and Jaxon. We need to come see you guys and your new place! We have a new post from Jake's b-day party if you want to see it!
Post a Comment