
We had another fun day today. We haven't been to Avila Barn in a while, so thats where we headed. It was fun as always.
The boys fed the animals,


(the turkeys were new this time...anyone ready for Thanksgiving?)

played in the hay,

Jax found a nasty puddle of drinking fountain water to play in,

got candy in the Ice Cream shop,

we bought fresh white corn and oh so delicious HUGE white nectarines, and we ate some roasted corn on the cob.

It was a delightful afternoon!

Then we came home and raked leaves. This is always a HUGE job considering how much space there is to cover. Because most of that space is dirt, we got VERY dirty! But I have a nicely manicured dirt driveway now :)
I didn't feel like cooking dinner when I was done, so I let Jonah pick what he wanted to eat. He chose "meat pizza grilled cheese." Lets just say I won't be adding this to my food blog, but it was for the most part eatable. It was a grilled cheese with deli sliced meat and spaghetti sauce. Um yeah, interesting! And of course I burned mine, so while Jonah had what he thought was a delicious meal, mine was pretty gross.
Jonah has been begging me to let him get his knight costume I made him for Halloween last year out to play in, so that's what he did the rest of the night. He sure loves dressing up! (oh and notice he's dressed like a cowboy again - the Avila Barn workers LOVED it - I guess it gave a little spunk to their day).

I have to mention...I introduced the movie Newsies to Jonah last night...I guess it was just my excuse to be able to watch it again. I'm happy to report that, although it probably won't be on his list of Top 10 movie choices, he did like it and we had fun dancing around and singing to the movie. And I was happy to hear him ask to watch it again this morning...oh darn, I'll have to watch it again. (it is funny watching Christian Bale, aka the newest Batman, way back when dancing around and singing!) I guess it brings me back to my childhood...plus it has fun music and dancing...can't beat that!



3 comments:
I'm convinced that Ammon and Jonah would be BEST friends if they ever had the chance to meet.
You guys have so many fun places to take your kids.
I LOVE Newsies. I'll have to try that one on Ammon and Cohen.
I was so excited to see the picture of Newsies because I had totally forgotten about that movie and I LOVE it too! I have to buy a copy somewhere. My kids need to see that movie (okay, I need to see that movie!) Oh yeah and I was totally in love with Christian Bale. I'd always rewind the kiss at the end and pretend it was me that he was kissing me! Cheesy, cheesy, but I loved it. Oh the memories!
That's REALLY funny Stace, but I don't think you're the only one to have done that...
Post a Comment