Friday, August 22, 2008

Santa Barbara

Today I drove the boys down to Santa Barbara to the zoo.  On our way down a Coldplay song came on the radio and Jonah said "Hey!  This is a good song, turn it up...I really like this part with all the instruments.  Yeah, those violins sound great right there, but there needs to be more guitar...I can't really hear the guitar...they need to turn it up."  

Then the next song came on and no comment until the guitar solo came on, "Now this is what I'm talking about!...this guitar part sounds AWESOME.  This is Daddy, right?"  

Me: "Um, no, that's the guitar player from Coldplay."  

"Oh, well they need Daddy right there...um, I think they need to add a little more guitar before the guy sings again, then that would really make it good."  

So do you think in the future we've got ano
ther music producer on our hands?  Personally I think he's got some talent for such a young age, don't you?  Is he his father's child or what????

Moving on to the zoo...of course the boys loved it as always.  (We've got year passes, so we try to go as much as we can.)  Jonah's favorite part (as always) was the critter room with the snakes and bugs.  Both of them had fun watching the penguins dive into the water.

(like Jonah's 2 hats - gotta have your cowboy AND baseball hats and together none the less!)

This was the first time we've gone where Jaxon really took interest in the animals.  I would have to say the lions were his favorite.  He just stood there by the glass staring at the lions and "telling" everyone about them for quite a while before I had to peel him kicking and screaming to the next animal.

The boys got an up close look at the gorilla.  He was taking a nap practically on the window.  Interesting sleeping position, huh?  The funny thing was he slept holding his food...hmm.

While we were at the zoo Jonah said that after he's a chemist (yes, my boy's aspirations are to be a chemist so he can make potions!), he wants to be a zoo keeper, then when he's done with that he wants to be (in his own words) "a store guy - you know, a guy who sells stuff at a store.  And my friends just have to tell me their name, then I will give them everything for free."  Sweet!

No comments: