I know that doesn't seem to make any sense, but read on and you'll get it.
We said goodbye to our NEW car.

I know that it looks perfectly wonderful on the outside, but it is such a nasty mess inside. We finally (hopefully) have made some progress with our auto insurance company and our car (making enough gripe might have helped a bit). They said we could either get it fixed or they would total it and give us the money for it. So we are taking the second option because we just know that this fix will not be the end of our endless problems with this car (well post accident at least) and we don't want to be stuck with a car we'll never be able to sell, that keeps breaking on us, and that our insurance stops covering. SO today I cleaned out the car and said so long once again to our good ol' Pacifica. (I say "again" because when it was originally wrecked I thought we were saying goodbye for good) So for those of you concidering buying a Chrysler Pacifica, it really is a great car - we loved it - it is VERY roomy, a smoothe ride, and we unfortunately learned from experience that it actually protects you very well in an accident (but it IS a gas guzzler!). So long Pacifica, my friend!
I got an OLD trunk.

This trunk has been in my parents garage since before I was born. It used to be our old dress-up box when I was a kid. I have many good memories of climbing into the chest and pulling out one of my mom's old bridesmaid dresses...fun stuff. So now it houses all of our costumes. One thing I'm crazy about is costumes - I LOVE making them every Halloween for my boys (all 3 of them!) and now I have somewhere to put them all. I know, I'm coo-coo. Jonah's pretty excited about the trunk-he thinks its an old pirate's treasure chest. So it'll be my little project to fix it up and paint it and all that jazz...someday :)



2 comments:
what are you going to get to replace the car?
oooo, i love that trunk! love old things, especially with memories. hey, i love making costumes too! my mom made ours growing up, so i always wanted to make me kids, and have up until this point. this year i can't make ours, so my mom is, and she's so excited about doing that. we'll have three little clowns (including a newborn clown!) come the end of october. (we don't actually celebrate halloween but do the alternative harvest festival instead, mainly for the reason of having an excuse to make costumes and dress up!!).
As a kid, I always thought that trunk looked like it came from a pirate's ship:) Perfect for dress-up - I can't imagine that thing for any other use!
Did you get a new car yet??
Post a Comment