Friday, June 20, 2008

Happy Birthday Jonah!

It was 5 years ago today that our little Jonah Kai came into our lives and he has been such a blessing to us and all those around him!  

We started the festivities last night with Jonah's pick for his birthday dinner - Costco pizza, tomatoes & cheese, spinach (yep, you heard it right - fresh, not cooked), and rootbeer.  

Then we had cake - Jonah's pick as well...a strawberry Sandman cake.   I usually go all out with my cakes, but this one was easy...I just covered it with "sand" (aka crushed vanilla wafers) and stuck a figurine on top....so I made the cake and frosting from scratch instead...I had to have SOME challenge! :)

After cake we busted out our big present for Jonah...

...a shiny new bike!  His first "real" bike and man, was he excited!

Of course he had to test it out...Jonah & I (along with Jaxon in the trailer) went for a bike ride around the block...a few times.

Before bed I found Jonah sitting in the corner just sitting on his bike.  He went to bed saying "Mommy, I must be SO special, 'cause I got such a cool bike.  I love my bike!"

This morning (his REaL b-day), Jonah woke up and opened more presents from Gramma & Grand Pa de Groot.  We went outside so he could ride his bike a little more, but it was SO hot, so that didn't last long.  

Ma & Papa Radmacher came over around noon to pick Jonah up...they're taking him to their house in Visalia for about a week...all by himself!  Although he was a little nervous to be without us, he was SOOOO excited.  Every day this week he would say "Is it time to go to Bisalia, yet?"  I will miss my buddy boy!


I just can't believe the years have passed us so quickly.  We look forward to many many more wonderful years with our Jonah Kai!

Happy Birthday, Jonah!  We Love you!

3 comments:

gramma/mom said...

Yeah Jonah!!
We are so happy to have had 5 years with you too!
love gramma :)

Sandy said...

Happy birthday, Jonah Boy!! Pretty soon we'll have to call you "Jonah MAN", haha:) I really need to get on the ball with birthday cards and such -- please give Jonah a huge hug for us and tell we love him and hope he had a GREAT day! And that he looks like a very, very grown up boy on his new bike!!

Wes and Jess said...

Happy birthday Jonah, that is seriously one of the most coolest cakes I have ever seen!!!!!