Friday, February 22, 2008

A Pirates Life for Us!

I'm finally feeling good!  My back is doing SO good!  I just have to make sure that I'm careful and don't re-injure it...that wouldn't be good at all!  So this past weekend the Lady Washington and the Hawaiian Chieftain - 2 replica ships from the 1700's were harbored in Morro Bay, so we took the trip down and checked them out.  It was cool, we got to check out the ships - even down under where the shipmates eat and sleep.  It was really cool!  Of course Jonah was VERY ecstatic!  

This is the Hawaiian Chieftain.  We found it a bit more open and tidy then the Lady Washington.  
ALL of my boys enjoyed the ships!  It was nice having David off long enough to be able to make the trip!
This is the Lady Washington.  I guess this actual ship was used in the filming of Pirates of the Caribbean...it was the only real sailing ship filmed in the movie...it was also blown up in the movie (well, not really, a replica of it was blown up).  So this ship was even COOLER to Jonah, who LOVES anything that has to do with pirates, especially Jack Sparrow!
Jonah fit right in!
The ships definitely had a beautiful backdrop...and I don't just mean me :)
Other than checking out pirate ships, we're doing pretty good.  David's back into his busy recording routine and the boys and I are busy doing whatever we seem to do each day.  Jaxon is a full-blown walker now.  He doesn't really crawl at all anymore.  My baby grew up too fast!!!!

1 comment:

Sandy said...

So cool! You guys have had some fun adventures lately!