Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A Very Special BOYS ONLY Day With Daddy

The Saturday after Jamen was born, David decided he needed to take the boys out for a "boys only" day.  Seeing as I was not about to leave the house and some peace and quiet could do me some good, I wished them well and they were off.  

Their first stop was the candy store.  We discovered Powell's Sweet Shoppe in downtown SLO (next to Guiseppe's) a couple weeks ago...its rad.  Its got all the old school candy we all remember from our childhood.  Its kid candy heaven.  The crazy thing, though, was that out of ALL that candy...literally thousands of different kinds, my boys chose the lego candy - its like Sweet Tarts in the form of Legos - go figure!

Next they headed to Pismo, to hang out in the caves.  They had such a blast.  I think they spent about 5 hours or so there.
The boys thought they were STARVING, so David decided to mega spoil them and treat them to the Cracked Crab.  I was not exactly happy about that decision...besides the fact that it costs a fortune, I was bummed that I didn't get to be there to watch them!  They absolutely LOVED it!  The crab legs and cracking the crab open with the hammers, and wearing the Crab bibs.  Now for the last couple of weeks every time I ask what we should have for dinner, Jonah yells "Cracked Crab!"  Sorry bud, we won't be doing that again real soon.


The boys (David included) came home ranting and raving about what an awesome day it was...that it was THE BEST DAY EVER!  I just wish I could have been there to share it with them...guess we'll just have to do it all again real soon!

No comments: