Sunday, January 10, 2010

Butterflies!

It is that time of year again, when the Monarch butterflies gather here for the winter. They've actually been here since November or so, but January is the time of year that I always remember and think "Oh man, I've gotta hurry and get down there before they're all gone!" My boys LOVED it. Anything science or nature related Jonah's in heaven. I thought Jaxon would just run around the entire time, but he was really in to it....just as much as Jonah! We went on a warm day, so there weren't as many butterflies bunched together (when its 55° or less, they actually can't fly and they all bunch together on the branches of the Eucolyptus trees), but there were lots flying around.



After the butterflies, I took the boys down the road to the park. Jonah doesn't really get to go to the park much during the school year, since I usually take Jaxon when Jonah's at school. So the 2 of them had lots of fun!



2 comments:

Durham said...

We saw the butterflies when we were there in November. I was amazed at how many there are!!

The Wyett Family said...

Where is this Julie? You seem to know so much about where we live! We've been here almost 3 years and we are totally missing out!