Friday, August 14, 2009

Schools Almost Here!

School is fast approaching! I can't believe summer is already almost over! I'm quite relieved in a way, though...is that horrible of me? I admit it, I'm excited for Jonah to go back to school. He's even more excited to go back to school. He just needs to be occupied all of the time or he gets himself into trouble (usually by picking on his brother or thrashing the house) and I unfortunately can't entertain him all day long.

This morning they posted the class lists. He was so excited he woke up over an hour earlier than normal, climbed in our bed and asked every 2 minutes if it was time to go to school yet. He was so sad that he didn't actually get to go into his class and get school started already. I REALLY hope this keeps up, but I doubt it. I give him 1 week before he starts whining about how boring school is. He's very excited that he gets the same teacher again this year. She's teaching a K/1 class (although there are 20 1st graders and only 6 kindergardeners). All of his cowboy/cowgirl friends are in his class, so he's even more excited. He was a little confused at why not all the kids from last year would be in his class again and why there were kids from the other class going to be in his class this year. Oh to be young and innocent! :)

Jonah was super excited 'cause we went to Costco today and bought food for his school lunches (I have to put in my plug for Costco...I love them...they take back everything and you don't even need a receipt, 'cause they can look it up on your account - and Mom, they took back those faulty diapers!). He's so excited that he gets to eat lunch at school this year and gets to have 3 recesses instead of just 1. I don't think that all of this is helping him be patient. He keeps telling me, "but mom, 6 days is like waiting a whole year! Why do I have to wait SO long?"

1 comment:

P4 said...

I wish I had that same excitement as a teacher! Good luck with a new school year!