Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Tragedy and Tranquility

A tragedy occurred in our family a couple weeks ago...or rather that's what it seemed at the time.  Jaxon's best friend Woody was thrown on the roof by an anonymous 6 year old named Jonah (oops, did I say that?).  He was innocently (right!) throwing Woody up in the air, higher and higher to supposedly grant his little brothers wishes, when...whoops...Woody just flew on the roof!  What was Woody thinking?  Of course this all happened in the evening and the authorities (aka mom & dad) weren't informed until the kids had already come in, ate dinner, and the sun went down.  So poor Woody had to spend the night all by his lonesome on the roof.  His real cowboy skills were put to the test for sure!  I'm sure its been ages since he slept under the stars (maybe we did him a favor?).

After spending all night and all day alone, Dad came home from work to Woody's rescue.  Jonah was begging me ALL day to let him go up on the roof alone and get Woody himself...yah right.  I'm thinking this Woody "accident" may not have been an accident after all...possibly a ploy to get on the roof?  I'm thinking so.  When it was clear that Woody was safe, we let the boys go up for a minute to check it out (they must not be my boys - I don't like heights at all).


While in the wilderness alone, Woody got pretty dirty (actually he was pretty dirty before), so naturally he needed a bath.  We forgot he had a little pull string box in his back (the string was pulled out ages ago), so he started talking to us in this really funky voice - "There's a snake in my boot," "Somebody's poisoned the waterhole," "Reach for the stars."  I took the box out and it would randomly speak to us - pretty creepy!


Poor Woody!  He's a trooper, thats for sure!


Jonah was kind of getting jealous that I was taking so many pictures of Jaxon and Woody, so he wanted a photo shoot of his own.


Now on to the tranquility in our life.  There are 2 things I look forward to most about summer - sunshine and fresh produce.  They really do come hand in hand.  We've been loving cherries...especially Jax (can you tell?).


What would summer be without fresh tomatoes straight from the garden?  Oh my goodness gracious me...I am in love!  Our tomatoes aren't ready yet, but Papa's sure are.  Its hotter where he is, so they come out a lot earlier.  He came to visit a few weeks ago and brought us these beauties.


We literally ate them morning, noon, and night.  I could live off of Papa's tomatoes!  I'd eat a handful of little ones for breakfast, make some fresh salsa for snack, and have one of these beauties for lunch:


Oh my word this particular sandwich was so stinkin' awesome!  Fresh tomatoes, fresh mozzarella cheese, and my mom's awesomely so good wheat bread.  Yum, I'm wanting one right now!

I couldn't not post these picts.  They were oh so cute!  Jaxon LOVES, LOVES, LOVES his Cars cars.  He finds them every morning, lines them up, moves them somewhere else, and lines them up again.  Then at bed time he finds McQueen & Mator, lines them up on his bed and sleeps next to them.  It's very cute.  I think Woody my be replaced very soon.  Poor Woody!



1 comment:

Sandy said...

I'm so glad that Woody made it through his adventure unscathed:) I can't get over how OLD Jaxon looks with his hair cut! And Jonah looks a little like Josh in his "photo shoot". Our poor tomato plants are just now starting to get a few blossoms on them...you're WAY ahead of us!!