I can hardly believe my little boy has finished his first year of school! Jonah is now a Kindergarten graduate! We have been VERY busy this past week. Monday was Kindergarten awards and Jonah was awarded the "Excellent Math Concepts" award. His teacher said that he was the best at math in the whole class! He was VERY excited! Wednesday was my day to volunteer in Jonah's class. Since they are finishing up their Mexico unit, we made Mexican Hot Chocolate...the kids LOVED it! That same day was their end of school party. Since I was somehow designated Room Mom, I got the fun task of organizing it (which really isn't too bad since we've got awesome mom's). They had a picnic outside and fun outside stuff like chalk, sand toys, hula hoops, baseball, bubbles, etc (stuff they don't usually have).

For our end of the year gift to Jonah's teacher, we gave this:
I can't remember where I got the idea from (It came from Tip Junkie!) - on some ones blog somewhere, but I liked it and so did his teacher (its a rolled up beach towel with a magazine and some sunscreen). So if anyone needs an idea next year...On the last day of school Jonah told me, "Mom, I don't want to take such a big break - I LIKE school!"



No comments:
Post a Comment