NOTE: If you choose to skip over this post because there is SO much stinkin' writing and no pictures, I will totally be offended...ok no I won't at all...this is basically for me and my posterity's sake anyway.
- Macintosh computers...I'm a longtime fan/user. I REFUSE to use a PC unless ABSOLUTELY necessary, which is pretty much NEVER (Yes, I'm a Mac snob, but hello?). There really is NOTHING a PC can do better than a Mac that I would actually use it for. I converted my husband long ago, 6 of my 7 family members (San, you'll give in one of these days, even if I have to buy you one myself!), as well as some of David's family and many many friends...they're simply the best!
- Adobe...since I'm already on the subject of computer awesomeness...especially Photoshop and Illustrator (I seriously could waste my ENTIRE day in their use-David can attest...after 12 or so years, it STILL never gets old!), not to mention the rest of the suite and the fact that they took over Macromedia, so now they've made Flash & Dreamweaver even better. I really do think I chose the wrong major in college!
- Photography...I'm not a pro, but I certainly DO love it! I still remember the day I got my first Nikon SLR in the mail...many years ago! Now that is something I could do ALL day...just the other day David was making fun of me for having almost 9000 pictures loaded to our computer and that's just since Jax has been born (and doesn't include all the ones I've deleted or the ones on his 2 computers at work)...believe me, if I had a decent digital, there would be 10 times that amount!
- Picking Produce...something about it brings me back to my roots...what roots that might be, who knows, but I LOVE it. And better yet, I love to eat what I pick!
- Creating...sewing, crafting, designing...love it all!
- Surfing...the web that is (since having kids, the sport just doesn't do it for me like it used to)...I can find just about anything...call it a gift I suppose. And I'm fast...you think I waste so much time blogging? Nope, give me 5 minutes and I can rock a good sized post!
- Cooking...I don't do it nearly as often as I'd like, or at least to the standards I'd like...David and I always say that if/when we have more money, we would definitely get into it more...you know go a little more gourmet...it can be discouraging making a new recipe, then have it not turn out and there isn't anything else to eat...it'd help to have money where if your recipe stinks, you can just go out, right?
- Travel...I am DEFINITELY not a world traveler or even a country traveler...I really haven't been to too many places, but I certainly want to do more...I love seeing new places and spending quality time with my hubby...he can't escape me in the car!
- Gardening...I have a brown thumb, I usually kill everything I try to grow, but not because I don't try...I do, I think I just water too much and such. But I love to watch things grow...sprouts really excite me...and I love to harvest what I've sewn!
- History...I love to learn about the past of people and things and places...so intriguing! I married the right man...he started out as a History major and we both love to watch the History channel.
- Nature...most everything about it (except peeing in the middle of nowhere...hate that...I really never have got the knack of it)...it never ceases to awe and amaze me. How can you not believe in a creator when you're surrounded by so many amazing things?
- Cows & Horses...never thought cows would be on my list of favorites, but since we moved to cow country I enjoy them so much...their grazing, their calves, and especially their mooing. Horses I've always loved...always wanted one until a couple years ago when we spent a summer taking care of some (now they almost scare me), but I did gain a better respect for them and their power, intelligence & beauty.
- Good food...cooking it, eating out...lots of flavor...need I explain further?
- Debate...ok I really don't (David loves it though), in fact it frustrates me (why can't everyone think the same as me?)...I don't like much of any confrontation. I don't know why I added that.
- Trader Joes...anyone who's seen my food blog (or my cupboard) knows this. One of these days I'm gonna post some of my favorite T.J. products. They're just the best...they're cheaper than the grocery stores and their products are simply the best. Just a little example, their milk is better than any milk I've bought at any grocery store and it only costs $2.49 for a gallon, where as Costco is $2.50 and crappy, and the grocery store's isn't good either and it ranges from $4 on...the best I tell you!
- Music...it's a big part of my life and really always has been...singing, playing instruments, creating, dancing to it, listening...no matter, I love it (cue David...he'd say then I should share it...I won't dance, sing, play for anyone outside my home...what can I say, I'm a shy cookie and a HORRIBLE dancer!). Some of my absolute favorites right now...Ryan Adams, The Jayhawks (Rainy Day Music is the best), of course Tim Bluhm (probably one of the best voices of all time...the way he controls his voice...sheesh!) and the Mother Hips, Coldplay, always the Beatles, Gram Parsons, Emmylou Harris, Neil Young...oh and of course my awesomely talented hubby, David...hmm, I'm having a musical brain fart right now...just a lot of good music!
- Reading...mmm, okay, not so much, but I really do enjoy Dan Brown's books...I like fiction mixed with fact...can't wait for his next book!
- Cleaning...although it really gets old, I do enjoy cleaning my house (well the first time around in a day at least)...I love to vacuum-its very fulfilling to hear all that yuck suck up and I really don't mind sorting and organizing and that jazz...I kind of obsess over it sometimes. Call me crazy, I know!
- OxiClean...on the same note as cleaning and you already know about my undying love for it, so I won't say any more.
- Caramel...oh heavenly caramel! I don't eat it much, in fact hardly at all, but I sure do love it. But I'm really picky, though. It has to be creamy and buttery and kind of salty...chewy, but not too chewey...I'm picky, but when its good, it is GOOD!



1 comment:
Cool list! I did read it all:) I think you're going to have to give me a tutorial on Adobe. It takes me like 2 hours to just remember how to resize a photo every time:) And I don't think we'll be switching to Mac anytime soon. I DID have a Mac laptop when I taught school and it was okay - mostly I just liked that it was turquoise, haha! You forget that Jake fixes computers for a job - you can't just swap out a part or build your own computer with a Mac!
Oh, and you can come clean my house and pick me some produce ANY day! And I SO wish we had a Trader Joe's nearby!!
Post a Comment