Friday really was a good day. Jonah went back to school after a full week of being out sick! Too bad it was only 1 day before vacation, but it was at least 1 day. Thursday night I asked him if he was ready to go back to school and he said "Oh ya, I'm ready to go back and do some work!" And he was serious too! Oh, and he was excited to see his friends again. It was so cute when he walked in the room Friday morning, they all came swarming around him saying things like "Jonah, why were you gone so long?" and "We missed you." It definitely made for a good reunion.
His class didn't have an official Easter party, but I brought in treats anyway. I had fun making Easter egg cake balls. Like I've said before, I'm a horrible chocolate dipper, but as always after I'm 1/2 way done I finally start getting the knack of it. Oh well, kindergarteners only care about what it tastes like, right?

Friday evening I was making spaghetti...not just any spaghetti, but the most awesome spaghetti David and I created together. It is so good! David told me just today, "Julie, we've really got to make that at least once a week...this stuff is awesome!" Anyway as I was making it, Jax was begging for the roasted peppers, so I gave him a few, but when I ran out I just gave him a few caramelized onions to try...2 full bowls later I was out and he was still begging for more! Who knew?

Friday night was also another first for Jax...an awesome, wonderful, relieving first! Yes, I know Jax is 2, but he has been still drinking a bottle before he goes to sleep. The kid loves his milk and could seriously down almost a gallon of milk in a day if I let him! He is such a horrible, light sleeper...he wakes up at least 2 or 3 times a night, if not 5 or 6. I know, horrible! And when he wakes up he wakes up screaming mad, waking both David and I up and sometimes even Jonah - he gets worked up really easy at night - it makes for some very unrestful sleep and groggy days! So Thursday night he woke up 7 times! And each time he wanted his bottle. That was the last straw for me, so Friday I said I don't care if he screams all night, we're done! It came time for bed and he asked for his bottle. I told him his bottle was bye-bye and he could have his McQueen sippy. He said "Oh bottle bye-bye. Otay" and took his sippy and that was that. Well he refused to go to sleep until like 1:30am (but he never asked for his bottle!) and of course woke up like 2 hours later just screaming and cried and cried for like 2 hours, BUT he never asked for his bottle. He asked for some water once, but never his bottle. So he had a horrible night, but it wasn't because of his bottle...yipee! And the best thing...Jax didn't ask 1 time for his bottle all day or tonight...woo-hoo! Good riddens bottle...hope to never see you in the hands of my child again! And way to go Jaxon!



No comments:
Post a Comment