Well not really, but it looks new. I've been doing lots of painting...it only took like 2 weeks to finish a 2 day job, but its finally done! I've been hating my hand-me-down Kmart table & chairs for quite some time now, so since I can't afford to buy a new set right now, I thought I'd just spice up my old one. I painted the chairs black (yes, there's one missing, I still have to do it) and the table completely white.
I got this old cabinet thing from my parents a while back. The thing is ugly and huge and old, but it holds all my craft stuff (yes, I've got LOTS of craft stuff, but I DO actually use it all!), so in that sense I love it. So I painted it white as well. It looks SO much better! Its still big and ugly, but at least it looks clean and newer now.
Next I made myself a cute little cake platter thing. It looks great on my "new" dining set. I found a $2 clearance candle holder and a $1 plate, glued them together and voile! Easy peasy and cheap cheap cheap!
I also took this old nasty brown fake wood bookshelf, spray painted it superhero blue, and made a little display for Jonah's superheroes (if you haven't guessed already his room theme is superheroes - if I get around to it maybe I'll post about it later). I love the blue!
Lastly (I think) I made myself a lightbox today for photographing stuff. I haven't played with it much (since I just finished it an hour ago), but I'm really excited about it. Then maybe I can actually take decent picts for my food blog. I'm hoping to open a shop on Etsy soon, so this will really come in handy for posting picts of my stuff (I used it to take the platter picture above). If you want to make one yourself, I got the directions here or you can try this one or this one too. I love do-it-yourself stuff like this!
Oh, and one last thing I forgot about, I'm a weirdo and I plan stuff way ahead (but then of course end up procrastinating on actually doing it and always end up having to do things last minute), so Jonah and I have been planning his birthday party (which yes, isn't until June) and we've been having SO much fun with it! I won't show you details yet, but I will say that it is going to be a "Cowboy Carnival" with games and food and prizes and so much fun. I've made an invite already that I just LOVE and we've got stuff for games and prizes and such. We can't wait! Jonah's got some great ideas...that a boy!
Okay, that's all of my craftiness for now. Hopefully I can do more fun stuff if I can ever actually finish getting my house organized!








3 comments:
You are so creative, Julie! Yes, I know I tell you that often, but seriously, I'm impressed. I wish you weren't so busy, I would enlist your help in remaking some of my stuff. I tried to paint our table and chairs... yeah, it worked for all of 3 weeks and then the paint chipped and now we have a multi-colored cheapy table. I just gave up and bought chair covers. Probably spend more on those than the darn thing is worth! Anyhow, your stuff looks great. :)
I love projects! I start them and alway have a hard time finishing them- so good job! Your photography box is awesome! I think I need to make one when we move back to caly.
Look at you go. I've got a list of projects to do, and many things to paint, but sure can't get motivated to do them right now. Good for you! And sorry you're sick now. Being a sick mom is the worst.
Post a Comment