Thursday, March 12, 2009

Jonah's a Star!

Jonah was in his first performance last week.  


The kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd graders performed a "Barnyard Idiom Play." It was a barnyard theme, and it was all written in idioms (you know, things that sound like one thing, but mean another, like "its raining cats and dogs").  Each class was dressed as a different animal (except the 3rd graders were the farmers) - Jonah's class were dogs.  They were SO cute and they all did SO good!  Jonah thought he didn't want to do it because he was afraid he'd get a stomach ache, but he was SO excited to be on the big stage (he kept telling me that this place was WAY cooler and had a MUCh bigger stage than our theater) and once he was sitting in his seat, he was happy.  


After the performance, Gramma (aka my mom) brought him out to ice cream.  Of course he had to choose the messiest choice, bubblegum ice cream with gum balls, but really I can't say much, because it was MY favorite when I was a kid (hey fam, remember having that at Swensons and saving our gum balls in our napkin for later? Oh the memories!)  So Jonah was a big star!

I took some video of his class, so when I get around to downloading it, I'll post it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay Jonah! I can't wait to see your video!

I totally remember the gumballs...maybe that's why whenever I see gumballs now, it reminds me of spit...

Sandy said...

whoops, sorry - that was me - logged in to the wrong account!

Ben & Carly said...

what a cute school, a play in idioms...I love it! I am salvating at your hummus pictures, we are fans also. I once had the best kind ever when I was pregnant but I can't remember where or what kind it was...I still fantasize about it!