Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Happy B-day Jodi!

Jodi is my dear friend and my first roommate ever (okay, I guess not ever, but pretty much).  She and I stuck together for an interesting 1st year away from home at good ol' Cinnamon Tree #8 (before they renovated...bluh), stuck together our 2nd year until she had to go and get married at the end...stinkin' Jose! :)  I love Jode - she is so happy and fun.  I remember when she would do her little head bob to the beat (you know what I'm talkin' about!)- so awesome!  I even wrote my first song ever about her (not that there have been many since, but she was my first!).  And here it is, brought to you circa 1999 (wow, can you believe its been 10 years already???), accompanied by Jess & Adrianne...oh the memories!



I was lucky enough to go out to Virginia twice to visit her.  She brought me to DC for the first time, was able to be there for her wedding, and she even invited me to spend a week in the Outer Banks with her and her family, as well as spend 4th of July watching the fireworks over DC - some memories I will always cherish!  She and her sister were so awesome to literally come all the way across the country to be there with me when I was married.  I'm telling you, she's awesome!   So today she turns the big 3-0...don't worry, I'm right behind ya!

So here's to you, Jodi - I hope you have a wonderful day!
Happy Birthday!
Love you girl!

4 comments:

The Salinas Family said...

Oh Jules! That was great. You are such a great friend. I'm so glad we met in good old apartment 8. What great memories I have. I'm so glad we stuck together for the second year...it was the best. You rock. We'll have to plan a trip where we meet half way or something. I think our boys would hit it off! Thanks for your post.

Kelli Brewer said...

That video was AWESOME :)

Durham said...

Fun video! Yay for apt #8!

Dyan said...

Julie...yes I definately have come to believe that Mark hanging out with Radmacher boys for all those years has had an influence on him...and his reproduction! :)