I know I've been a bit absent in the past few weeks. So here's a little update on our Christmas this year.
Jonah's last day of school before Winter break, they had "Holiday Dress-up day" where they could wear anything holiday related. Jonah decided he wanted a Santa suit, so about 11pm the night before I went to work on his suit. I also finished his stocking (not that same night and I still have the rest of ours to make, but at least I got 1 done before Christmas!). Oh, and that is Mr. Potato Head's Santa beard in case you were wondering.

Monday before Christmas Jonah got to go to Grandma's for Cousin Cookies. We have it every year where my de Groot cousins (the ones who are still little) and my kids (and whatever other grandkids might be in town) get together at my mom's and decorate cookies. Its always fun for all and the cookies get more loaded with frosting and sprinkles every year!
The traditional Christmas Eve Nativity skit is always fun...and interesting. Jonah was Joseph, Jaxon the angel (actually it was supposed to be Reese, but she didn't want to do it and Jax just looked so cute!), Kaden the Wiseman, and DeDe was Mary.
The boys got their Christmas p.j.s from Grandma on Christmas Eve, and put out yummy goodies for Santa and his reindeer. They (Jonah, Kaden, and Reese) even wrote letters to Santa (Jonah's is on the left).
There was lots of loot Christmas morning...everyone but my older sister and her family were home for Christmas. Our boys were SO happy with their presents. Some of Jaxon's favorites were his drum set from Santa, his Elmo chair from David & I, and his Curious George. Jonah was SO excited to get an Iron Man action figure with all the doo-dads. He was also SOOO excited to finally get Ratchet & Clank for PS3 from David and...







1 comment:
Thanks for posting - we've been waiting to see pictures! Love the boots, Jonah - you're a real country boy now! And I hear Jaxon can really rock out on his drums - wish we could' ve been there with you guys!
Love ya!
Post a Comment