Monday, November 24, 2008

What the Weirdness?

I know I already posted today, but this was too weird not to write about.  A little bit ago we were in the front yard raking the leaves before the rain and out of no where came this guy:


Yup, thats right, a big o' fat pig.  I have no idea where he came from.  I'm assuming he's not wild, 'cause he walked right up to us (with a sturdy fence in between thankfully) and wasn't scared in the slightest.  I have come across a few wild hogs in my day and they usually run away...this one seemed way too domesticated.  The kids got a kick out of it anyway.  Totally random!


Can you tell what we watched this weekend?  


Jonah's been walking around the last few days saying "Wall-E" in his best robot voice (he did the same for weeks after we saw it at the drive-in).  After the show, he wanted to draw what was on the DVD cover.  I think he did pretty darn good.  He was so proud of it he said, "Mommy, is this good enough to put on your blog?"  Hmmm.

Yesterday after church we made turkey cookies.  Jonah has been begging for days to make them.  Here's his masterpiece:


My boys usually are real good about not eating too many cookies.  They'll eat 1 or 2, then they just sit there for days before I end up either freezing them or chuckin' 'em.  But yesterday was different...Jonah ended up eating...no sneaking, then eating 3 turkey cookies and like 4 plain sugar cookies.  What's up?  Jaxon even got into the sneakin' action.  He climbed up on a chair and made a big mess of a cookie.  Jaxon on the other hand didn't eat any cookies, he just had a lick of frosting, then smeared the rest on the counter and chucked the frosting covered candy corns across the room.  Nice.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Okay, the pig is weird!!

Josh is obsessed with Wall-E, too. He got really mad at us last weekend because we didn't buy him a Wall-E robot at Toys R' Us. He keeps counting and recounting his pennies and begging us to take him to the "Wall-E store"...at least its something we might be able to motivate him with, eh?:)

Cute cookies!!

Steve and Sara said...

Julie are so cute with those kids. They are so lucky to have you. I want all your ideas in a book when you have us for Christmas...got it!!! Tell that fav brother of mine that Addyson is so sorry that she did not ask him if she was dress appropriate haha. I cant believe how big Jaxon looks everyone is getting to big. Cant wait to see you guys.