Okay, okay, so our winter here in California is probably more like most people's fall, but it is coming our way. We have been enjoying the heat that comes with Fall here on the Central Coast, but it is starting to get chillier. We didn't get to get out much the beginning of this week, 'cause Jaxon had an ear infection (yup, Jonah was last week, this week it was Jaxon's turn!). So Friday we decided we needed to get out and enjoy the fresh air!
Of course we had to visit the cows...they've been missing us! The boys like to feed the cows grass through the fence...the funny thing is the cows usually eat it - its like they think our grass is better than whats by them...I guess the grass really is greener on the other side, huh? So this particular day Jonah decided he needed to try the grass to see what the cows were tasting. His reaction - "bluh, that tastes like nasty dirt!"
We're still enjoying fresh tomatoes out of the garden (the perks of living in California!). Granted they're not as good as earlier in the season, but they're still better than anything we'd find at the store!
Do you think Jaxon enjoyed his tomato?
When I got out of the shower yesterday morning I found this:

My boys were getting along! And had made a bed on the floor with ALL of their blankets and stuffed animals. I wanted to get mad at the mess in my just barely cleaned living room, but how can you get mad at these faces?
I'm so excited...my Fisher-Price Nativity arrived this week! Yay! Finally a Nativity my kids can play with and not break (or hurt themselves!). I did this survey for Fisher-Price a couple years back and got a Gift Certificate that I kept forgetting to use and finally did and am SO happy!
Even if you have to pay full price, its worth it! My kids LOVE their Nativity...or "Activity" as Jonah calls it. Everyday Jaxon pulls up his chair and plays with it.
Once I got our new Nativity, I couldn't resist any longer...I put up our Christmas decorations! I know its like a week early, but who cares! All the stores put their decos and lights up Nov. 1st, so why can't I Nov. 21st? They're not ALL up and I haven't put our tree up yet...that can wait until after Thanksgiving, but it's already beginning to look a lot like Christmas around here!
Oh and I made myself a wreath. It doesn't look so great in the picture, but it does on my wall! Just some hot glue and plastic Christmas ornaments from the Dollar Store.



3 comments:
I LOVE the wreath...can I still the idea please?! And your boys and the blankets....our kiddos would get along quite well! Mine like to spread all their blankets out all down the hallways and through the rooms to make one big long airplane. I wonder what the 4 of them could come up with to create together?!
Winter-schminter - even "fall" is barely passable where you live! It's SNOWING here, lady!
I LOVE that Nativity - I'm gonna have to get one, for sure! I don't have any nativities the kids can really play with either (Kimball attempted with one set a few years ago and as a result most of the animals have no ears and a couple people are missing their noses).
I had to laugh at the boys with all their blankets and stuffed animals in the living room - Josh and Heather do that EVERY MORNING. It drives me NUTS - but at the same time, they're getting along...and its not like blankets are hard to clean up, really.
Good luck with the stockings and tree skirts - I'm sure you'll be able to pull it off! I need to make a new set of stockings - but not this year! I'll be watching to see how it goes for you:) Cute wreath, by the way! I'm putting up my decorations this weekend!
That wreath is darling! So talented... And only you would make your kids' stockings, Mrs. Crafty! BTW, I have the nativity set! But mine is like the cheaper version. It has half the stuff yours has. But I love it! The only thing is I don't have a spot that I can put it where my kids can play with it too. Oh well. Don't you love it when your boys get along? It doesn't always last very long, but when it happens it's like a little peice of heaven!
Post a Comment