We were actually on our way to the blackberries (which are still plentiful-yay!) when we discovered the raspberries are now all popping up...there were loads of them! These berries are what raspberries are supposed to taste like...oh so yummy!
Just a few days ago there were only a few tomatoes, but today there were literally hundreds! YAHOO!
We didn't even know there was zucchini growing in the garden, but apparently there is!
Yet another surprise...red & green bell peppers.
Hot peppers...I probably won't be picking these.
Tomatillos.
Aren't these tomatoes gorgeous? There wasn't an ugly one out there! The vines are just kind of growing wild, so we were shocked to find they were so perfect - we expected them to be all scared up or covered with bugs or something.
Jonah thought this (unripe) Siamese-twin persimmon was pretty cool.
Pomegranates sure are pretty, but does anyone know how to tell if they're ripe or not? When they start to fall of the tree? I have no clue!
These are those flowers that look exactly the same when you dry them - they're growing wild all over.
Its a shame there's so many grapefruit, because I'm not a fan at all.
There's plenty of lemons for lemonade, that's for sure!
I just thought these were unripe lemons, but apparently they're limes.
These oranges are delicious! They're not so great for just eating because they're real seedy and pulpy, but they make the best orange juice EVER! As David puts it, it's the kind of juice you just want to hold in your mouth and never swallow - it's that good!
This is our 1 and only mandarin orange. The tree is still a baby, so we should hopefully get more in years to come.
Have you ever had a fresh fig? Apparently they're really good, but we've gotta wait until they're ripe.
I never knew that apples grew in bunches - maybe its just this type of apple, I don't know.
These pears are not only big and beautiful, but SO good. We've been waiting for weeks for them to ripen and we finally had our first ones today. We were not disappointed, in fact I was shocked at how good it was! Jonah told me that after watermelon and blackberries, pears are his favorite fruit.
Sadly I think plum season is coming to an end. We were very spoiled there for a while - we've got 4 or 5 different types of plums - all very different. There were only a few left today. Well, we enjoyed them while they lasted!
Believe it or not we even have edible cactus! David claims its good, but I'm not really interested in trying it.
Our walnuts and almonds are all big and green.



6 comments:
Wow, you really are lucky to have all that fresh produce right in your backyard. It all looks so delicious!!
The garden was already there when you moved in? That's awesome. Looks yummy!
Wow, I am seriously in awe of all your produce!! Amazing! It's like they planted one of everything! Are you freezing or canning or anything like that? I'm going to try canning tomatillo salsa when ours are ripe (yours look close!), since I didn't have enough tomatoes for much salsa (it takes a LOT!) - I'll let you go how it goes. I also did some jalepeno jelly - which sounds revolting - but is actually really good. I think David might like it. It looks like regular jelly, but green - you eat it with crackers spread with cream cheese and the jelly. Yummy!
Anyway -- one of these days, we'll have to come raid your berry patch:)
Great harvest! Poms are ready now until around Nov. They're ready when they are a nice deep red and the big ones start to split. They stay good on the vine for quite a while though.
I'll take your grapefruit - I'm a big fan!!
Been loving your pictures - the boys are so big! You've become quite the photographer!!
Love to all,
Sue
Jealous, jealous, jealous! I want what you have! There is nothing better than fruit right off the tree/vine/bush and you have it everywhere. It all looks so good. My kids would be eating constantly. The one ripe tomato I had today was quickly swiped off the vine and eaten before I could protest.
Lucky! That all looks so great. I would lvoe that. I can't grow anything here in this desert.
Post a Comment