Tuesday, March 4, 2008

"Abila Barn"

So first and foremost I have to apologize to my sister Sandy, because I thought that she was kinda dorky for updating her blog so often, but now that I have internet at home and I've become a blogger myself, I've found it's fun and kinda addictive at the same time.  So I'm sorry Sandy for thinking that about you - now that I have internet access, I enjoy checking your blog every day :)

So Jaxon has become quite the stinker lately.  He not only is walking everywhere, but climbing now too.  The other day I walked into his room and found this (and no, the drawers weren't open before he got to them):

And man does he LOVE to make a mess!

We had another fun day today (now that the weather is nice we've been having more and more of them).  We actually went to Avila Valley Barn (aka "Abila Barn" as Jonah says it) because they finally re-opened for the season this past Saturday.  But of course with our luck they are closed every Tuesday and Wednesday until May.  So since we were already up there, we went to Avila Beach instead.  Jonah thoroughly enjoyed playing at the pirate park, digging in the sand and playing with 2 other 4 year olds who happened to be there too.  

While Jonah dug for treasure (or rather rocks),


Jaxon enjoyed eating them.


He also had fun on the swings - I think he had more fun watching Jonah on them, though.


When we were about done at the park, we went for a walk down the pier.  Jonah was a little worried at first that his shoes might fall in the cracks into the ocean (I still have that fear!), but when I told him he had tennis shoes on that were tied to his feet, he didn't worry anymore.
The coolest part about the pier is the stairs at the end that you can climb down to water-level and see all the starfish on the pier poles.


I didn't realize how brave Jonah was going down there until I watched an entire family walk down totally scared to death, clenching the rails and quickly heading back up...it was pretty funny to watch.


When we got back up to the top of the pier, Jonah tried seeing more starfish through the cracks of the pier.  He was determined, too, to see a shark down there as well.


So when our LONG walk was over, we had lunch at Avila Market and I had one very happy 4 year old!  I love it when he actually admits I'm not so bad after all! :)

Oh, sorry about my picture lately, the white balance on our camera is all messed up.

4 comments:

Sandy said...

Gee, thanks a lot!! You live closer to the relatives, so you probably don't get bugged for pictures and updates as much as I do!!

I'm jealous that you guys got to go the beach! The excitement for our day was watching a semi try to get out of the mud in our side yard. Yeehaw!

Bryn said...

You guys are always doing fun outings. I am so impressed. Wish we lived closer so we could go out with you!

Sandy said...

P.S. - I think these pictures look cool with the white balance messed up - looks like you were trying to do that:)

Kelly said...

I love getting the kids out! We must be having the same weather. I like the look of your pictures. Such cute boys.